What's Coming?

Read previews of the Pipeline here

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Executive Sessions


If you wondered what goes on in those secret Executive Sessions the town board holds, we managed to get our hands on the transcript of one of those meetings in which this exchange took place between Councilman Ernie Kern and Supervisor Mark Evers.

Kern does not have a computer and asks Evers for advice.

ERNIE:I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

MARK: Finally, is it a Mac?

ERNIE: No, the name's Ernie.

MARK: Your computer?

ERNIE: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one .

MARK: Mac?

ERNIE: I told you, my name's Ernie.

MARK: What about Windows?

ERNIE: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

MARK: Do you want a computer with Windows?

ERNIE: I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?

MARK: Wallpaper.

ERNIE: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

MARK: Software for Windows?

ERNIE: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write letters for Judy Wos, track Water District expenses and trash CB. What do you have?

MARK: Office.

ERNIE: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

MARK: I just did.

ERNIE: You just did what?

MARK: Recommend something.

ERNIE: You recommended something?

MARK: Yes.

ERNIE: For my office?

MARK: Yes.

ERNIE: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

MARK: Office.

ERNIE: Yes, for my office!

MARK: I recommend Office with Windows.

ERNIE: I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a letter for Judy. What do I need?

MARK: Word.

ERNIE: What word?

MARK: Word in Office.

ERNIE: The only word in office is office.

MARK: The Word in Office for Windows.

ERNIE: Which word in office for windows?

MARK: The Word you get when you click the blue "W".

ERNIE: I'm going to click your blue "w" if you don't start with some straight answers. What about tracking water district payments to our Party Chairman? You have anything I can track money with?

MARK: Money.

ERNIE: That's right. What do you have?

MARK: Money.

ERNIE: I need money to track money?

MARK: It comes bundled with your computer.

ERNIE: What's bundled with my computer?

MARK: Money.

ERNIE: Money comes with my computer?

MARK: Yes. No extra charge.

ERNIE: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?

MARK: One copy.

ERNIE: Isn't it illegal to copy money?

MARK: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

ERNIE: They can give you a license to copy money?

MARK: Why not? THEY OWN IT!

ERNIE: Then why not just pay our Chairman all the money he wants to finish the Water District?

MARK: Uh?

At the Next Board Meeting Executive Session
MARK: Heard you got a computer.

ERNIE: Yes but I can’t figure out how to turn my computer off?

MARK: Click on "START".............

Now perhaps you better understand why things are so screwed up in North Greenbush! If you don’t consider this, Evers, Desso and Spain listen to Ernie.

Today's Metroland Feautures Water Audit Woes

Today's edition of Metroland features an article on the State Audit of Water 14 and naturally, Mark Evers is hiding under a rock in his bunker avoiding any media scrutiny. What's the old saying, "you can run , but you can't hide!" Read it here. There is also an article in the Troy Record on tonight's board meeting which you can access here.


Union Meeting with Evers on Connolly
There was a meeting demanded by the new Union yesterday morning in the office of the town supervisor in which they informed Evers that if he didn't correct Town Clerk Kathryn Connolly's behavior in mistreating town employees, they would file a complaint with the Public Employees Relations Board for unfair labor practices. Evers held the meeting early in the morning knowing the Clerk would not be at work yet.

This is the Union which Connolly supported to help protect her cousin, Michael Miner, in the Building Department. Miner is a also a member of the Conservative Committee who administers the overspent water contract held by his Conservative Party chairman's company. He attended the meeting in which Evers apparently told all he would take care of the problem in an effort to forestall a formal complaint. Gratitude is tough to find in town hall, even for the Democratic Clerk who supported the GOP endorsed town board team and her cousin's union.

Town Board Meeting Tonight 7PM

This should be wild with Evers and company attacking a State grant the town was awarded that could be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Don't plan on commenting because Evers does not allow public comment at workshop meetings because he's frightened to death of anyone who might have the facts to expose his incompetence.

No comments: