What's Coming?

Read previews of the Pipeline here

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Josephine Ashworth Seeks a Seat on NG Town Board



My name is Josephine Ashworth and I am running for North Greenbush Town Board. During the eighteen years I have lived in North Greenbush, I have watched many changes happen in our town. Much of that change has resulted from development. This has caused division in our community.

Recently, I see another real threat to our community that could have a lasting impact for generations to come. We are witnessing the take over of our political process by a group of people determined to take away choice in November. They have put forward the same candidates in the local Republican, Conservative and Independence party lines. They plan to have them endorsed on the Democratic line as well. As a member of the Democratic Committee, I, along with Highway Superintendent Mark Premo and others, will step forward and challenge their slate of candidates. If Democrats attend the Caucus and vote for our slate, we can join in opposing those who want to take away our democratic process and right to determine our future.

I am new to the political arena, but bring with me administrative,leadership and mediation skills that will stand me in good stead on the Town Board. Most importantly I bring a passion to see that our town's development is in line with our community's wishes and is carried out in a way that enhances our quality of life.

I believe that the Comprehensive Plan should guide our community. We should support smart growth and be thoughtful as to what constitutes smart growth. We should be aware of what generates taxes for our community and realize that projects that receive a multitude of tax breaks are not the answer to increasing our tax base. We should be responsive to the needs of all the community. We should work to make us one community with common goals.

I grew up in Albany and graduated from Cornell University. When I came back to the Capital District, I worked for the State and then owned a consulting and leadership training business. My husband, Chip, and I have a blended family of four children and seven grandchildren.

With great pride, I have received endorsement from the new Greenbush Party and the Working Families Party. Remember, when November comes, you will have a choice. By voting for me and our slate, you are saying: I care about having a choice, I care about our town, I care about promoting smart growth that preserves the values of my community.

Editor's Note:
We will continue to offer any endorsed candidate use of the North Greenbush Pipeline to publish press releases. Simply e-mail your release using the address posted on this page.

Late Financial Disclosure Count:

Kyran Devery
Today is Day 45 for the North Greenbush Democratic Committee violation of State Election Law requiring the on line filing of a Financial Disclosure Report due July 15, 2007. Laws apparently don’t apply to the “reformed” democrats under Jeff Spain and his Treasurer, Tax Collector Kyran Devery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another North Greenbush resident willing to step forward and get involved. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE ALOT OF HONEST PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH ,GOOD FOR YOU JOSEY......

Anonymous said...

People in this town are not stupid - so the envy blog should writing their own comments. I hope the Dems come out in force for this caucus and whip their sorry butts. Maybe then they will stop all of the vitriolic writing. Oh, and now they are into the restaurant critiquing business. They should concentrate their writing efforts there.